A trustworthy car accident lawyer
If you have suffered injuries or the death of a loved one due to someone else's careless actions, our injury attorney can help evaluate your case and offer winning strategies and advice to prosecute those who caused your suffering. We have a proven track record of achieving great results on behalf of our clients.
Maniscalco Law's legal team has provided skilled and aggressive legal services to residents of Georgia for over 30 years. While our accident law firm recognizes that financial compensation cannot alleviate the harm suffered by victims of personal injury, we recognize that monetary consideration may help to ease your burden.
- Outstanding Results | Fighting for the rights of Georgia's personal injury claimants since 1989.
- Available & Accessible | At Maniscalco Law, you speak to an accident lawyer who answers your phone calls.
- Local to Metro Atlanta | We represent Georgians and take care of those who have suffered an injury due to the neglect of others.
- Encouraged to Win | We get paid when we win your case. That's our baseline and secret to success.
- Client Satisfaction | The majority of our clients are referrals. Customer Service is always a top priority.
What is “Personal injury”?
Personal Injury is the general title given to civil wrongs (torts) that cause bodily injury or harm. A tort assigns responsibility to an individual, group or corporation (defendant) for causing injury to another person (plaintiff). The primary goals of personal injury law are to provide relief (damages) to the plaintiff and to deter the defendant from inflicting further harm to others. Personal injury litigation encompasses a wide variety of claims including:
- Birth defects caused by delay in delivery
- Cancer caused by toxic chemicals
- Slip and fall
- Motor vehicle
- Railroad accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating and watercraft accidents
- Dog and animal bites
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability (e.g., defect in either manufacturing or design of the product; failure to warn)
- Wrongful death: survivor recovers the economic value of the remainder of decedent's life
- Nursing home and elder abuse
- Toxic torts – including chemicals & cosmetics, class actions, hazardous waste, pesticides, radiation, and electromagnetic energy
- Class-action (several related lawsuits are combined into one to avoid swamping the judicial system with hundreds or thousands of individual cases)
If you have an injury that was caused by someone else's actions or negligence, you should seek advice on filing a suit to recover damages. According to the law, personal injury victims are entitled to compensation for the plaintiff's breach of duty or violation of some rights. If the jury finds the defendant guilty of negligence or wrongful conduct, then you will be entitled to receive plaintiff damages. Damages can be economic (for lost wages or medical expenses), non-economic (for pain and suffering), and punitive (to punish reckless behavior). Punitive damages are usually awarded only if the defendant's actions were so heinous that the judge believes it necessary to make an example of the defendant. If your injury was caused by a defect in a product's design, production or labeling, any or all parties involved in the manufacturing chain can be held liable for damages.
While some personal injury suits may be based on intentional acts such as assault and battery, most claims are due to negligence. To win your case, the four critical components of negligence must be established. These critical elements are:
- The defendant had a duty to you;
- The defendant failed in that duty(breach of duty);
- That you were harmed because of the defendant's breach of duty; and
- That damages resulted from the harm.
Only a skilled and experienced personal injury attorney will be able to present and prove these factors and ensure that you receive fair consideration. At The Law Offices of Joseph A. Maniscalco, Jr. P.C., we know the law, the legal system, and victim rights, and can effectively represent your case and help to ensure that you receive compensation for any damages you have suffered.
Our firm recognizes the deep trust placed in us by our clients, and we strive to uphold that trust by working hard and fighting hard for our clients. We do the best we possibly can for every client on every case.